Dallas home ravaged by fire

Posted on Friday, August 1st, 2014 at 5:15 pm    

A home in Dallas was heavily damaged after a fire broke out while the people inside were sleeping, the Gaston Gazette reported on July 18.

According to reports, the fire broke out at around 3:00 a.m. on the back porch of a house located at 3308 Cinderella Drive. Katie Stiles said the dog kept on barking, and upon waking up, she smelled smoke. Stiles and her two kids safely escaped the fire and immediately phoned 911. The fire was caused by a faulty electrical on a light outside their home and damaged the back porch, its outside walls and the home’s attic. Stiles, who credited her dog for saving their lives, said it will take months to fully restore the damage done to their home.

The attorneys at Smith Kendall, PLLC, know that many people in Texas struggle to obtain the funds they need from their insurance providers after a fire. If you are in a situation like this, we may possibly work for you to get the funds you need to repair the damage done to your home. Discuss your situation with us today by calling (214) 361-6124.