Lightening Blamed in Southeast Texas House Fire
Posted on Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 at 2:23 pm
A Beaumont family escaped injury Tuesday when their house caught fire.
Accoridng to officials with the Beaumont Fire Department, firefighters responded to a house fire on the 9600 block of Meadowwick Drive shortly after 5:00 p.m. A fire department news relase said flames were visible on the roof and chimney areas of the two-story home when firefighters arrived.
Five engine crews were dispatched to the scene.It took about 15 to 20 minutes to put out the fire, according to Beaumont Fire Captain Brad Pennison.
Firefighters were able to contain the damage from the blaze to the building’s attic, while other areas of the home suffered smoke and water damage.
Officials suspect lightening caused the fire.
If your home has been damaged by the recent thunderstorms and your insurance provider has failed to adequately compensate you for the cost of repairs, please contact the Dallas residential property claims attorneys of Smith Kendall, PLLC, by calling 214-361-6124.